A few days before the initial departure to Thailand, PK called me and asked if we could not move this trip out a few weeks. For me, those were musical words. It all was coming together quickly and to have a few extra weeks would be nice. So we agreed to depart today. A few days later we found out that a super typhoon was hitting Southern China and rain bands were just pouring it out on N. Thailand/Burma. All ground transportation was impacted. We would have been stuck in Bangkok. Thank you Lord for being out ahead of us and timing this according to your plan.
Thank you all for the prayers and support. I say that Fall kicks off my around the world tour. A Friend had asked if I was trying to break some sort of record. I laughed as sometimes it feels like that.
Really, no record that I’m trying to break, but rather I’m trying to record something else.
As I have prayed about this trip with the team and alone, the Lord keeps bringing me back to Jer. 29:11… For I know the plans I have for you… Then to Ps. 139:16 and in Your book all the days [of my life] were written before ever they took shape, when as yet there was none of them. Then to 1 Cor 2:9… What eye has not seen and ear has not heard and has not entered into the heart of man, [all that] God has prepared (made and keeps ready) for those who love Him.
All of this about how there really is a plan, a divine purpose for each of us. That my journal needs to become a record of what the BOOK IN HEAVEN of my life contains. That it should be taken from the pages that God has written and brought here to earth to be recorded in my Journals. For when I arrive in the Heavenly Library, my record will bear witness of what is written in the book that lies in heaven. SELAH.
So, “Thy Will be done, On Earth as It is in Heaven” takes on a whole new meaning. Please pause and think of that. He does have this wonderful adventures for all of us. I sincerely desire that as we journey into the nations, the Lord is stirring your heart as He has mine with striving to the prize of the High Call. Oh what a joy that is.
To what is at hand. I depart for Thailand in just a few hours. Inside I am really stirred. So much is on the inside, I am finding it hard to put it to words. Our plans (subject to Holy Spirit Change), is to fly into Bangkok and then take a train to Chaing Mai. am looking forward to this time of prayer and reflection. In 2009, I took a train through Thailand and was awestruck. The Lord was showing me the people, the need and the lack of His presence. So this train trip will be another where I am looking forward to His revelations.
We will be going back to the Orphanage at Hot. Which is where my two boys are at. I’ve put together photobooks and am looking forward to greeting them in person once again. From there we will be traveling to the Refugee Camps. Back to some of the places where we have ministered before. And to new places as the Spirit Leads. Since this area is one of oppression by the Burmese army, I ask for your prayer support as a vital necessity.
In Chaing Mai, we will be staying with S & J (missionaries on the ground) once again. Please let deposits of encouragement be given to them and received by us. As adventurous as missions is, there are many challenges and missionaries really do need encouragement.
Prayer proceeds and sustains us while we are out. Please come along and join us as we step out into what God has penned for this trip.
1. Travel – connections made, transportation to the train station to go smoothly (We arrive in Bangkok at 11:30pm and will need to go to the train station). All bags to arrive at the final destination.
2. Food & Water – to have that covered and to know that nothing by any means can harm us
3. Mosquitoes – seems trivial, but this is a malaria risk area – Malaria is not good. So PS 91:3 For He will deliver you from the snare of the fowler and from the deadly pestilence
4. Mountain transportation – SAFE JOURNEYS whether it be by truck, car, van, train, elephant or motorbike, that we stay on the appointed paths
5. Ministry – for the full operation of the gifts of the Spirit – fully yielded to the Spirit so He can do what the Father is instructing
6. Unreached People – for those who have not heard the Name of Jesus before to be open and ready to receive the Giver of Life
7. Believers under persecution – for us to bring the presence and joy of the Lord so they can too be refreshed and stirred.
8. For us to see with the Eyes of the Father – not in the temporal world, but in the Spirit realm.
9. REST – for the transportation to be restful and we arrive ready to go and not tired.
10. What else the Holy Spirit puts upon your heart
Again, I treasure your partnership in prayer and support. I could not do this without you. We will stand together in the throne room one day and see the lives that have been change by what we have done. Stand in awe of that thought.
My prayers over you are: For the Lord to continue to stir the gift that He has placed in each one of you… for you to realize that the talent He has given you is to be used for the praise of His glory.
For the pages of the book of your life to be unfolded to your records here on earth, whether it be a journal, blog or another form or recording. May those pages reflect the Highest and Best that He has penned. For truly it is “His will be done here on Earth as it is in Heaven”. May His face continue to shine upon you all and your day be filled with more of Him.
With love in Christ who is the Giver of Life.