Since my return from Liberia, I’ve been in the US, but I still have not been sleeping in my own bed. I’ve had a assignments that I needed to be here for. And for that I’m thankful He’s counted me trustworthy.
The timing of the Lord is so important as we walk the plan and purpose out that He has. If we are ahead of God, we’ve left him behind, if we are behind Him, we might loose site of where He is going.
We need to be right alongside of Him, in sync with His steps (keeping the pace). That way, we will step in to the fullness of what He desires.
In 2009, I went to meetings for a mission trip to Ireland. I had the desire to go and went and listened to what was shared. However, when it came time for “commitment”, I did not have peace.
The one thing that I’ve learned over the years is to ALWAYS follow the peace. If I for one second I hesitate or doubt, I settle myself down and wait for the peace of God to come in once again before I make a move.
Since those first meetings, there have been other trips back to Ireland, I wanted to go, but I still did not have the peace. It was the timing….
So now two years later, I was having a meeting with PK and we were discussing his taking a youth to Ireland/Scotland to evangelize. My heart leapt and I told him that if he needed a chaperone, I would be interested in going.
The timing for me to go has lined up. And today I will depart for my first trip to Ireland.
And YES, I will be bringing a suitcase instead of my backpack. Those rolling wheels will work just wonderful. And, honestly, I think I’ve over packed!
A bit about Ireland, It is the third largest island in Europe (20th in the world). The island is divided between the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland (part of the UK). The population of Ireland is approximately 6.2 million people. Just under 4.5 million live in the Republic of Ireland and just under 1.8 million live in Northern Ireland.
• The Republic of Ireland, ratified 21 January 1919 and officially formed on the 6 December 1922, a sovereign state that covers five-sixths of the island. Its capital is Dublin.
• Northern Ireland, established on the 3 May 1921, is a part of the United Kingdom that covers the remaining sixth. Its capital is Belfast.
In the early 1800’s there was a revival in the town of Ballymena. Residue from that carried forward into the 1900’s. It was the direct result of four young Irishmen who began a weekly prayer meeting in the village.
The previous groups who have went in had prayer assignments and they sat at the feet of some who were partakers of the revival. The residue of the Glory and the Power of God was evident.
They continued to pray for the revival to come now back to Ireland so that the country could be united and not divided.
Shorty history lesson, mainly the Roman Catholics wanted to unite Ireland as an independent republic, whereas unionists, mainly Protestant, wanted Northern Ireland to remain in the United Kingdom.
We’ve heard about the separation, let’s start to hear about the restoration!
Our plans are fluid as our team is small. We will be arriving in Dublin and attend a prayer meeting that night. We will then go to the North and work with two church members who started to go out and evangelize.
We are expecting to be in both capitals for prayer and evangelism. I ask you to go with us on this trip and please pray:
1. That as we travel to and from there are no hindrances
2. For Protection and safety
3. That the long flights are restful so that we arrive refreshed and not tired
4. For the Love of God to be evident in all that we say and do
5. For the anointing of God to be upon us so that He will confirm His word with signs following
6. For us to be finely tuned to the Holy Spirit so that we can bring reconciliation to Ireland
7. For the Lord to show us the entrances to the peoples hearts. Words from heaven that can touch a heart and change a life
8. For us to Decrease so that He can increase
9. For us to submit one to another esteeming the gifts of others
10. For each of us to complete the assignment we are going to Ireland for (leg of the race )
11. For us to receive all that the Lord would like to show and teach us while there
12. Unity Unity Unity…. In a divided nation, we need unity
My prayers over you are: For the Love of God to explode in your heart, so that you come to realize that Jesus, God’s highest expression of Love, lives in you. That Jesus is trying to live through you.
Many years ago, the Lord had showed me 1 Cor 13:7-8a in a new light. Love is what the chapter is talking about. We are to look towards the author and finisher of faith, Jesus, and He is LOVE…. So, let us be His reflection:
Jesus suffers long and is kind; Jesus does not envy; Jesus does not parade himself, is not puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, does not seek his own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; 6 does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; 7 bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 8 Jesus never fails.
For all of who He is to saturate you so that you can give out and live a life of love. Father, bless supply all their needs according to Your riches in glory by The Anointed Love (Christ Jesus.)
In Jesus matchless and majestic name! Amen…
With Love in Christ, who is the giver of true Life….